ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Duplicate Photo Finder

(1/11) > >>

Renegade:
NANY 2011 Entry Information
Application Name Duplicate Photo Finder Version 1.3 Short Description Find and delete duplicate photos. Supported OSes Windows 2000/XP/Web Page Duplicate Photo Finder Download Link Download Installer - Download Source Code System Requirements
* Windows XP Home or higher / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista / Windows 2008 / Windows 7
* .NET 4.0
* 200 MB of free RAMVersion History
* v1.3 - Update - Increased speed in edge case, now impossible to delete 'originals' in edge cases
* v1.2 - Update - Improved hashing methods
* v1.1 - Update - Source released
* v1.0 - Initial releaseAuthor Renegade

Description
Duplicate Photo Finder is a photo file management tool to find photos by folder and let you delete duplicates. It aims to be minimalistic with no significant learning curve.

Features
Duplicate Photo Finder:

* Lets you choose an "original" and "duplicate" folder to search in
* Finds duplicates by file size, file signature (file hash), or photo signature (pixel data hash)
* Lets you delete individual photos or many photos at once
* Deletes to the Recycle Bin (just in case your brain falls out and you delete the wrong photos)
* Only JPG files are scanned
* Has no complex features to confuse you
Duplicate Photo Finder is for "photos", and not for other graphics or files. As such, it only scans JPG files because digital cameras take JPG photos and not PNG or GIF or XLS or DOC... ;)

It is also aimed at regular people and hobbyists, and not professional photographers. As such, there is no RAW image support and no professional-type features, e.g. no undelete, no database support. Again, this is aimed at being minimalistic and easy to use.

Planned Features
Planned features include speed optimizations, multi-threading for additional speed, and other image comparison methods (exact image comparisons).

Screenshots

Yes. That is me and my wife~! :D

And yes, that is me sticking my tongue out~! :P 2x~! :P

Usage
Installation
Installation is trivial. Run the installer and follow the directions. The application is installed to:

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade Minds\Duplicate Photo Finder

Running the application the first time has no surprises and there is no configuration required.  

Using the Application
The installer puts an application shortcut under the Start Menu. i.e. Start > Duplicate Photo Finder. There is no desktop shortcut unless you create one yourself.

1) Browse to 2 folders using the folder browsers.
2) Click the "Compare" button.
3) Decide which photos you want to delete.
4) Click a delete button.
5) Repeat steps 1~4 for other folders that you wish to compare images in.

TIP 1: Use the "Simple" mode first, then do the more thorough "Image Signature" scan afterwards. It will save you time and produce the best results.

TIP 2: Take your time. The program is relatively idiot-proof, and deletes photos to the Recycle Bin, so you can still retrieve deleted photos. However, this is only proof up to "Idiot v5.0"; please do not try to upgrade yourself to "Idiot v6.0" as you will win~! :D

Uninstallation
Go to the Windows Control Panel applet for uninstalling programs. Click the program's entry, then click "Uninstall".

Known Issues
The application does not make use of threading/multi-threading, and as such requires that the user wait for tasks to complete before starting a new task. Multi-threading is planned.

There is no help file, documentation, or credits yet.

While the program deletes duplicates to the Recycle Bin, and they can be retrieved, there is no substitute for not doing stupid things in the first place. ;) Remember, this is a bulk deleting utility and can delete large swaths of data quickly. Take your time. There's no rush. :)

Enjoy~! :D

skwire:
That's perfect for a NANY.   :up:

Renegade:
That's perfect for a NANY.   :up:
-skwire (December 20, 2010, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.

I'll get stuff sorted shortly. I need to run out the door to get that new mouse now. :)

I've setup a page for Duplicate Photo Deleter. (Again, need to clean that, but it's up.)

Perry Mowbray:
 :-[ Not NANY 2011???

Renegade:
:-[ Not NANY 2011???
-Perry Mowbray (December 20, 2010, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... Can you move the thread?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version