ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Text Expander software for Windows

<< < (7/13) > >>

cmpm:
Thanks for the input Renji and Mattphoes,
but there is a lot of info here about PE.
Just use the search on this forum and find 2 pages of hits.

I would like to know more about Breevy and Auspex, and I follow their development.
Although these programs help more with people who type a lot, imo.
Which I do sometimes, and it would help if we could see these others as well.
Personally I don't always say the same thing the same way,
sort of boring...

bmms:
Hi, Michael here from PhraseExpress.

I think they include an algorithm that tries to decide whether you're using it for personal or commercial purposes.  I can see why, but it must be very hard to make an accurate decision.-rjbull (March 14, 2011, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

We used to give away free licenses to users who provide evidence for any claim that our commercial use detection would be malfunctioning. So far, we never had to issue a license for that reason.

Phrase Express is below the level of Auspex in light user specific input for features, as well as user custom settings. -cmpm (March 13, 2011, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

We listen to user feedback with utmost care and would be sorry if you got a another impression.

However, PhraseExpress matured over 12 years and already include so many features driven by user demand that it becomes incrementally difficult to add new things as we want to be focussed. Nonetheless, we try our best to stay to be the innovator in our niche.

Just curious, as you compare PhraseExpress to Auspex. Is there any feature in Auspex, that you miss in PhraseExpress?

And I found Phrase Express to be more intrusive and overkill then helpful.-cmpm (March 13, 2011, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

As always, it depends on what you make out of a tool. If you turn on all the "knobs", it does a lot of things. PhraseExpress is no exception.

But, PhraseExpress has an Easy Mode and an Expert Mode. If you feel overwhelmed by the complexity, the Easy mode is your blue pill.

rjbull:
I think they include an algorithm that tries to decide whether you're using it for personal or commercial purposes.  I can see why, but it must be very hard to make an accurate decision.-rjbull (March 14, 2011, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

We used to give away free licenses to users who provide evidence for any claim that our commercial use detection would be malfunctioning. So far, we never had to issue a license for that reason.-BartelsMedia (March 17, 2011, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's quite an achievement.  I used to write scripts that corrected for the multitude of various ways users could enter the names of products, and was constantly amazed at the variations they came up with...

You omitted: Text snippets can be HTML-, RTF- and Microsoft Word text formatted and contain .JPG, .PNG. .BMP und .TIFF bitmap images.

--- End quote ---
  as the OP wanted to have formatted text, which, as far as I'm aware, not all text expanders offer.

timns:
That's why you have RegEx... you can create a nice pattern match to catch a huge variation of names in one hit.

e.g. to{1,2}mor{1,2}ow
Catches: tomorow, tommorow, tommorrow in one elegant expression

Ath:
in one elegant expression
-timns (March 17, 2011, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Agreed, but the pessimistic still complaint that: You have a problem, you apply/throw a regex at it, then you have 2 problems...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version