ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Game Review: Cortex Command

<< < (2/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Thanks lanux.

@p3lb0x: How do you create animations from the game? And where can I find your mods?

Darwin:
I was on the receiving end of scancode's generosity as well... Haven't had a chance to play it yet, though (long story)  :o

Anyway, FANTASTIC review - I'm going to have to give this some time ASAP!

f0dder:
Nice little review :)

A few comments:

1) What is "a WIP game"? Is that like a special indie category or just... *slaps head and looks stupid*... work-in-progress?

2) you shouldn't manually do linebreaks in your paragraphs, looks silly if browser window is resized to a small size.

3) don't use external images - even if the image is on their website now, there's no telling when they do a redesign that breaks your post.

Other than that, nice. I've watched p3lb0x play it a few times, and it looks pretty cute (although my impression has been that the current mods (pre-LUA) have been very simplistic and not much more than changing a few properties), never got around to giving it a spin myself though.

justice:
Are there any videos?

Shook:
1) What is "a WIP game"? Is that like a special indie category or just... *slaps head and looks stupid*... work-in-progress?

2) you shouldn't manually do linebreaks in your paragraphs, looks silly if browser window is resized to a small size.

3) don't use external images - even if the image is on their website now, there's no telling when they do a redesign that breaks your post.-f0dder (October 30, 2008, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
1) Yup, work in progress. I suppose i should refrain from the abbreviations >.>

2) Ha ha, sorry, bad habit :P
I've been taught that there shouldn't be any more than 60-70 letters per line though, but it probably doesn't matter that much here, as it's not an essay I'm writing.

3) Okay, got it.

Also worth noting is that modding can be anywhere from as simple as you stated, to a near-total overhaul of the games functionality and content. Most commonly, people make the former, of course. I prefer to make large pack of (In my opinion) relatively good and somewhat innovative stuff, that exploits various aspects of the coding engine. Basically, it's about changing variables, but to make something proper, you'll need to do more than that. ;)

@Deozaan: Making animations is actually really simple, it just requires a program to make .gif images with. You just need to hold down Print Screen when "filming", let go of it when done (I bet ya never figured :0), exit Cortex Command and use your gif making program to make the gif. Personally, i use Ulead GIF Animator 5. Works quite well.

@justice: Plenty.

And for any of you who's interested, the mod packs I've made are this one and this one.

And lastly, thanks for the kind words, everyone! :D

Edit: Now they don't go to the same place any more >.>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version