ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free support ends for Windows XP and MS Office 2003

<< < (3/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
I sent them an e-mail asking for a clarification. I'll post their response here when I get it.
-40hz (April 08, 2009, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can do that from the grave??

app103:
One of the nice things about getting my PC from Dell Small Business was that for the length of my support contract (3 years-Oct 2011) I get full support from them for not just the hardware but whatever OS's my system came with too (both XP & Vista in my case) even if Microsoft drops support. And I don't have to go through Microsoft to get it. I pick up the phone and call Dell. And if it's an issue that can't be resolved over the phone, they will send someone to my house within 24 hours to fix it for me.

I have only had to use Dell's support once so far, when reinstalling drivers for my sound card went a bit screwy. The woman I spoke with was polite, friendly, and very helpful, unlike tech support experiences I have had with other companies where the person you talk to has an accent you can't understand and is reading from a script. The one at Dell actually knew stuff and it wasn't scripted.

This is one of the reasons why I would buy another computer from Dell Small Business again. (can't speak for the support you get with a home consumer product though, as I have never had one from Dell)

40hz:
I sent them an e-mail asking for a clarification. I'll post their response here when I get it.
-40hz (April 08, 2009, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can do that from the grave??

-cranioscopical (April 08, 2009, 11:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I may well find out.  ;D

Day 2: still waiting for a reply. Second e-mail sent. >:(

cranioscopical:
-40hz (April 10, 2009, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
For better service, please pay a Bill at the pearly gates.

PhilB66:
-40hz (April 10, 2009, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
For better service, please pay a Bill at the pearly gates.

-cranioscopical (April 10, 2009, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D

I guess support ended way long before April 8, 2009.

The gates are closed for maintenance, look for a Gateway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version