ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you use 7-Zip files?

<< < (9/9)

Perry Mowbray:
... why isn't Powder Blue in the Font Colours?? Mouser???? -Perry Mowbray (May 01, 2007, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
- can it have to do with mouser being an American,
and as such are to use colors but not colours?-Curt (May 01, 2007, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point... and one that constantly amazes me: that even non-alphabetic language people still code their programmes and web pages in American English.

Maybe I will just leave that humor thing for others to handle...  :-[
-Curt (May 01, 2007, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, it was a good and an amusing point  :)

app103:
I use .zip when I am going to be distributing files to other people and I am unsure if they will have a copy of winrar.

The reason for this is that Windows ME, XP, and Vista can handle .zip files without having to go fetch a program to open it. (I don't know if 2k can)

I don't want people looking at a file and scratching their heads wondering what to do with it or making a face and deciding it's not worth it because they have to go hunt down yet another tool, just to open one of my files.

I am better off using .zip because it's familiar and people know what to do with it and usually already have what they need to open it.

Even people on other OS's generally have what they need to open .zip.

I would have voted for the color, but it was blue and reminded me too much of my bad Win98SE days. Why couldn't it have been purple?

zridling:
I still can't believe 7-Zip does not have a keyboard shortcut for "Extract." I've been writing and asking for that since version 2 and am flummoxed as to why [not].

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version