ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Naming and Shaming Bad Forums with Bad Ethics

<< < (8/11) > >>

J-Mac:
^ Anymore I just ignore such posts, unless I happen to be in a very good mood. Then I will try to steer them properly.

Bopped? Wow, she's tough!

Thanks!

Jim

rgdot:
In my opinion worst than RTFM or google it are format, clean install or you have a virus.

40hz:

Bopped? Wow, she's tough!
-J-Mac (December 29, 2010, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

True, but not overly.  ;D She always sends a PM with a nicely worded request that you correct and resubmit. Most of the suggestions she makes for how to improve your post are hysterically funny.

Oddly enough, almost all of the participants seem to respect and appreciate her rulebook. Especially the ones who occasionally run afoul of it. I suspect half of them do it in hopes of getting a coveted Gwen|gramme which always begins with:

Dear  ( ) Sir:
        ( ) Madam:
        ( ) Fido:

It has recently reached our ears that YOU - in PUBLIC and with your BARE FACE hanging out - have:

--- End quote ---

I think most people don't have any trouble with rules as long as they're logical, presented with a touch of humor - and enforced in a fair and consistent manner.

-----
EDIT: fixed some bad grammar.

Gwen7:
40hz neglected to mention that the forum i lord it over is for the employee association of the company i work for. being 'work related' changes the whole social contract. as such, it allows me to enforce a stricter set of rules than someone who is running a public space could likely get away with. it also permits me to fannysmack miscreants without coming off as being too much of a martinet.

#

@40hz- re: bunch of lungs

don't even *think* of trying it.  :-))

cranioscopical:
@40hz- re: bunch of lungs

don't even *think* of trying it.  :-))
-Gwen7 (December 29, 2010, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

And don't for one moment consider calling him brainy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version