ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Sniper Elite for $2 on Steam

<< < (2/5) > >>

wraith808:
Sniping in Sniper Elite is as different from sniping in other games as ... I can't think of a metaphor.  But it's *really* different.  But it's a decent enough game for $2- I got it for $2.50 at the Christmas Sale, and haven't regretted it.

EDIT: I didn't really tell what the difference was.  You have to think and reason like a sniper- that includes heart rate on shots, awareness of muzzle flash and report for relocation, windage... and you're using WW2 era rifles, so it's worse than a modern game is with these factors.  And there's also the patience factor.  There's not really been a WW2 era shooter with this level of detail towards sniping that I can remember.  So if you like being a sniper in other games, this will be cool.  If you like using the sniper rifle in other games (i.e. like the kills and such), this game will be a bit frustrating.

JavaJones:
Hehe, yeah I figured any game focused on sniping would be pretty hardcore. And I read the description. So I pretty much knew what I was getting into. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm ready to *try* to be serious about sniping... :D

- Oshyan

mouser:
it's really not that hard core at all -- at least on certain difficulty levels.
i wouldn't say you have to do much different from any sniping in fps games except aim a little higher, at least on easy difficulty levels.
it is more of a stealth game though, and much of the enjoyment comes from watching your bullet fly in slow motion.

wraith808:
I'm not sure what difficulty level I'm on... but depending on the range, it's almost *impossible* to get a headshot if a target is moving, and anything other than a headshot means that you're pretty much re-loading in many (most?) cases.  Contrast that with TF2, the BF series, CS... where I get headshots without thinking about it... and that's why I give it the hardcore when juxtaposed with them.  And yes, aim a bit higher... but then there's the breathing and heart rate to consider.  But it's fun nonetheless :)

Lashiec:

IT BETTER BE GOOD MOUSER! I bought it on your recommendation alone!
-Deozaan (March 17, 2010, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, same here ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version