ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Will you upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007?

<< < (3/7) > >>

app103:
I will probably be sticking with my copies of Office 97 and 602 Pro.

I don't use the software enough any more to make buying a new version practical. I still didn't get my money's worth from what I already have. I'll consider an upgrade when what I have won't run under whatever operating system I have installed.

I can't afford to waste my money on something that won't get used, again.

My initial purchase of Office 97 some years back was mainly for my daughter who was a student at the time. It was a waste of my money, as I soon discovered her using the AOL email proggie as a substitute for a word processor.  :o

Sugar:
I paid for Works Suite.   It came with Word and some very nice little thingies that I like..(calendar,  can make my own greeting cards etc,) and that is all I need of Office, I believe.  As long as the things like excel reader, PPviewer etc are free, I think I'm set...can you tell I'm not into office work?  Now, photography is a different story. :-*

Gothi[c]:
Don't even use ms Office in the firstplace. OpenOffice works for me just fine for now, though it's a bit slow starting up ( Java :( ). I could also use the gnome office stuff or the kde office stuff, or staroffice, etc,... I'm not a heavy office-suite-user so any of these will do just fine for me.

OldElmerFudd:
I've tried Star Office, Open Office, and a few others, but I stay with MS. Starting with Works, I've been through Office 97, Office 2000 Professional, Office XP Professional, and Office 2003. I just got the beta for Office 2007, but I've been a little busy to really get into it. Along with Publisher, IMHO MS Office is the best code MS ever wrote. Yeah, the suite's getting pretty fat, but at least every version has been an improvement, unlike the OS. (Vista looks like the WinME of the 2000's; they gutted the original code down to fluff.)
OEF  8)

Cloq:
Yes since I have an actionpack subscription, I get office 2007 and vista as part of the deal.

Though, I have openoffice portable on my flashdrive.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version