ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

ASRT 5/14/05 - EMAIL CLIENT

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
by all means keep the nominations coming.

ps. im not exactly price agnostic, but i definitely agree with the viewpoint of total cost of ownership. sometimes paying $20 a year is a better decision than spending an extra 20 hours a year fighting with an unfinished program.

though i do believe there are lot's of added benefits of open source that make it something worth supporting, encouraging, and always considering as an alternative.

mouser:
eudora was once king, though it seems to be getting less and less attention..

Jibz:
I was a happy Opera user back at version 3 and 4 .. marvelous program, and very fast.

Then they started protecting every exe and dll in the package with some executable protector, and all of a sudden the "fastest browser on earth" took more than a minute to start on my old box :wallbash:.

So I switched to Mozilla, which was fast compared to that .. a shame ::).

Scott:
I use Opera 8; it's great for browsing, OK (I guess) for RSS and IRC, but I don't like it at all for news or email.  It's by no means slow for me though.

tenseiken:
Thunderbird has been my favorite for quite some time now.  If nothing else, I think it should definitely earn the open-source award.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version