ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BeyondCompare 3 Beta released

<< < (2/3) > >>

tranglos:
Looks like they've copied some of Araxis Merge's best features:

# Full in-pane editor with dynamic re-comparisons
# Adaptive gutter buttons for copying sections
# 3-way text merge

Nice!

(Many more additions listed here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta3/moreinfo.php?zz=newfeatures )

mouser:
the lack of in pane editor was the greatest weakness of version 2, so it's definitely great news.
btw: version 3 will be released for linux, so this is big news for the linux crowd.

Lashiec:
Three years ago, mouser said:

And with the announcement that version 3 is coming soon and will include in-place editing, the decision to choose Beyond Compare for this award was an easy one-mouser
--- End quote ---

Strange conception of "soon" they have at Scooter Software :D. I wonder how it'll compare against the competition, especially WinMerge, which made great progress during the past months.

f0dder:
btw: version 3 will be released for linux, so this is big news for the linux crowd.-mouser (April 21, 2008, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hope that doesn't mean they're using one of those horribly bloated and non-native-skinning crossplatform toolkits :/

PPLandry:
I'm not sure how it compares (! :greenclp:) with other similar software and BeyondCompare in particular, but SwiftCompare is free today at GAOTD. It installed OK and can compare folder and/or files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version