ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bear Bottoms Freeware: A very nice high-quality software site

<< < (12/12)

Josh:
OK Folks, until we can get further advisement from administration, I am placing a temporary hold on this thread.

mouser:
Well this thread got ugly fast.  Not really the kind of thing we like to see on this forum.

Numerous people wiser than I have suggested we not just close but delete this thread.

My inclination with such things however is just to let everyone have their say so they don't feel like they have been censored or prohibited from saying something they feel is vitally important to add to the conversation.

I think all sides of this argument have been made repeatedly (and mostly in a non-productive fashion).  So i think closing the thread was a good idea.  As for deleting it.. let's see if we can just let it alone and those searching for info on the bear bottoms site can come read this discussion and see the differing points of view and decide for themselves.

Speaking personally, I think the first original post on the thread talking about the site is clearly relevant to DC interested in software, and so there is no reason not to leave it on the forum.

The follow up info from silverstein informing people of possible illegal/immoral/unethical activities of the site owner is also arguably relevant to readers, who might want to avoid websites run by people who they view as engaged in activities they find morally unacceptable.  Some people will care, some people won't.

However, i don't think anyone helps their case by having these long drawn out back and forths -- it just makes everyone look bad.

So at the moment my inclination is to just leave the thread locked.. anyone who believes strongly it should be deleted can message me and the forum moderators can discuss whether they believe it would be the right thing to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version