ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Am I missing something obvious? How do you paste???

<< < (4/7) > >>

sri:
ok. Now I :Thmbsup: Ditto.

I have set Ctrl+Shift+V to bring up the clipboard history items menu. Any item from this menu can be pasted either by typing the corresponding number or using cursor to navigate and press enter or just by double clicking.

We can also set hotkeys for any of the last 10 items that we copied. I have set Win+V to paste the 2nd item because usually that's what I want to paste often. Ex. There is username and password mentioned in an email and you copy both. Since username is what I need to paste first in the web page that prompts for these, I press Win+V and for pasting the password and Ctrl+Shift+V followed by enter for pasting the password.

The best thing about this program (perhaps this feature is there in other similar programs as well) is that once the menu is shown we can start typing any text and the matching clip will show as you type the text. We just select the ones that we want and paste.

We can also select multiple clips from the menu and paste all of them in a single click. The program is smart enough to realize that we want to paste the last item first.

DonationCoderTransmit:
I'm glad you like Ditto, sri, and it's certainly feature-packed. (Though it also has the often-won't-paste bug for me).

What I most like about CHS is that the 'Quick Paste' list appears as a menu at the cursor, rather than as a separately-located window (and of course with it's own separate full window just a further click away). I use a PowerPro mouse shortcut (right+middle buttons) to call up the Quick Paste menu, so 90% of the time I can use CHS entirely with the mouse.

I do have a few minor feature wish-list items, but I'm not going to push my luck ;).

sri:
Screenshot from Ditto:

DonationCoderTransmit:
Yeah, I'd forgotten exactly which features went with which of the many clipboard apps I've tried recently. It's ClipMate, I think, which can't open its window at the cursor or caret.

Nevertheless, the Ditto window is still just a window, rather than a menu. The selection doesn't move as you move the cursor, and you have to double-click to paste, rather than just single-click. And you have to (scroll and) click into 'favorite' groups, rather than mouse-navigating through CHS's cascading menus. (Or use the keyboard, of course). I could certainly live with it, if I had to, but I prefer the CHS system.

I also use CHS's formatting presets to clean up line breaks, etc. And sometimes the spellchecker.

So I really, really hope Mouser can find the problem.

Looking again at your earlier post, I note that CHS can do everything you like about Ditto, albeit not quite as directly in a few cases :-

I have set Ctrl+Shift+V to bring up the clipboard history items menu. Any item from this menu can be pasted either by typing the corresponding number or using cursor to navigate and press enter or just by double clicking.
--- End quote ---

CHS does all that (with single-clicking, in fact).

We can also set hotkeys for any of the last 10 items that we copied. I have set Win+V to paste the 2nd item because usually that's what I want to paste often. Ex. There is username and password mentioned in an email and you copy both. Since username is what I need to paste first in the web page that prompts for these, I press Win+V and for pasting the password and Ctrl+Shift+V followed by enter for pasting the password.
--- End quote ---

If you set CHS to use Win+V for the Quick Paste menu, then Win+V,2 pastes the 2nd item, and Win+V,1 pastes the 1st item. Almost as direct.

The best thing about this program (perhaps this feature is there in other similar programs as well) is that once the menu is shown we can start typing any text and the matching clip will show as you type the text. We just select the ones that we want and paste.
--- End quote ---

CHS has the same feature in its main window. I suppose adding that to the Quick Paste menu would be cool (if it's possible to have an input field on a menu?)

We can also select multiple clips from the menu and paste all of them in a single click. The program is smart enough to realize that we want to paste the last item first.
--- End quote ---

If you hold down CTRL while clicking individual items from the CHS menu, it will paste each item as you click it, then make the menu reappear ready for the next one. Again, almost as direct (though without line breaks between items).

I'm not trying to dissuade you from Ditto, of course, just comparing, out of interest.

DonationCoderTransmit:
 :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version