ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommendation/Advice requested - synching two Outlook profiles

<< < (4/4)

Darwin:
Heh, heh, sometimes the old way is the best way. I copied my pst to a thumbdrive, opened it in Outlook on my "other" machine and copied the three or so sent files over... I'm giving the third party software solutions a wide berth!

sri:
http://www.redmondpie.com/sync-your-calendar-emails-contacts-tasks-across-multiple-devices/

Darwin:
Just to note - Scooter Software, who develop Beyond Compare, has a cross-promotion on at the moment with Wisco, who develop SynchPST. I mention this more because Scooter Software is endorsing SynchPST:

We've had many users request Beyond Compare add support to synchronize individual messages between copies of Microsoft Outlook. We have no plans to add this feature to Beyond Compare, instead we recommend using SynchPST.
--- End quote ---

I've tried SynchPST in the past and couldn't get it to work out of the box (though note that in checking this story out I did read the FAQ carefully and probably missed a step or two  :-[).

Anyway, just thought I'd update people with this. I find it significant given Beyond Compare's reputation. I no longer have any use for this type of application - only running one Outlook install and back it up a number of ways, including MailStore Home - but maybe this will be of interest to others...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version