ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderSize o DirectorySize with rules or filters

<< < (2/9) > >>

rjbull:
I think you might be able to do what you want with SpaceSniffer.  You can certainly exclude files with the Filter, but, the Attributes list doesn't contain the Directory Attribute, so I'm not certain.  Perhaps you could contact Uderzo to ask.  However, at least for files, look at the unfiltered vs. filtered screenshots below.

[Edit 2011-01-09, 20:55-] TreeSize [/Edit] looks like it can do what you want, but, you have to have one of the payware versions, either Personal or Pro.  Filtering isn't listed in the free version.  And it may not be worth paying if you have already have adequate features in your file manager.

Contro:
Exists a freeware option ?

Best Regards.
Directory Opus seems very good program.

Contro:
I think you might be able to do what you want with SpaceSniffer.  You can certainly exclude files with the Filter, but, the Attributes list doesn't contain the Directory Attribute, so I'm not certain.  Perhaps you could contact Uderzo to ask.  However, at least for files, look at the unfiltered vs. filtered screenshots below.

[Edit 2011-01-09, 20:55-] TreeSize [/Edit] looks like it can do what you want, but, you have to have one of the payware versions, either Personal or Pro.  Filtering isn't listed in the free version.  And it may not be worth paying if you have already have adequate features in your file manager.
-rjbull (January 09, 2011, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I will comment
This is not a operation i am going to do everyday. So I need a freeware.

Contro:
rjbull , I was looking freeCommander and seems to have filter with files. But I don't see folder filter.
I'll comment.

Contro:
SpaceSniffer accomplish perfectly well his function, but I think is not initially prepared to filter folders or save a filter over a folder with subfolders and give parameters about that.

I don't understand, but I think don't give me all subfolders in the example i try over my pc. .......Empty folders don't appear. But I have one occupied and also don't appear.
I'll try comment with uderzo.
Best Regards

The filter is only in affirmative way (inclusions), not exclusions I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version