ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PhotoFiltre - excellent raster graphics editing tool

<< < (2/8) > >>

Tekzel:
Darwin, I use Paint.Net (since I am cheap and so very rarely do any graphics stuff since I suck at it), have you ever used that and if so how does that and this compare?  I am sure this is much much more comprehensive than the free Paint.Net program but I find that it does everything I need.  I am just curious.

Darwin:
Hi Tekzel - I used Paint.net a couple of years ago and remember almost nothing about it. I'll have to take a look and let you know! In the interim, take a look at the free version of PhotoFiltre - you can't go wrong!

Darwin:
Paint.net 3.x is a VERY nice app (when I last tried it, it was still at version 1.x). I love the interface. It's missing some of the tools that I'm looking for (as I highlighted in the review, I need to be able to "level" my pictures via the straighten or free rotate tool, for example). From looking at the plug-ins forum, there seem to be a number of nice add-ins that have been written for Paint.net. It woul be nice if this extended to support for Photoshop plug-ins. Looks very good - very polished and a very small download. Not quite as feature rich as far as I can see from a cursory look at it as PhotoFiltre (both the free version and Studio) but an excellent editor nonetheless.

lanux128:
Tekzel, fyi the free version doesn't support layers unlike Paint.net, however i also use Photofiltre free because i don't have much use for layers.. :)

btw Darwin, nice review.. :up: and also here is the link to the free version: http://photofiltre.free.fr/

Darwin:
Thanks lanux - I'll edit the link above! I neglected to mention the lack of layers support in the free version of PhotoFiltre in my reply to tekzel - excellent point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version