ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (2/17) > >>

steeladept:
Another idea is to look at the Gamer Pads.  I don't have a link at the moment but I have seen what basically looks like blank number pads that are designed to be programmable keys.  They are sold primarily to hard-core gamers who are looking for more programmable keys for their games.

nudone:
hmm, i'd not thought about those smaller gamer pads (if that's what you mean). i'd looked at the full-size gamer keyboards with extra WASD style key areas. i was half tempted to go for one of those - before deciding they weren't quite right.

i've just had a quick look at game pads on amazon and there might be some potential there - they are cheaper than the "programmable" keypads but look like they'll do the same - if not more.

so, good idea, steeladept.

mouser:
i could plug another usb keyboard in to the machine whilst also keeping the current logitech keyboard plugged in. with a bit of luck i can fit both on the desk at the same time and just use the programmable keys on the logitech and use the standard keys from the smaller keyboard.

--- End quote ---

nudone that is sounding crazy.  :P

i think it makes more sense to look for one of these fancy customizable keyboard accessory devices that give you a set of customizable programmable keys that we have talked about in the past -- they are like supercharged external numpads with more keys.

nudone:
it is crazy - but that is part of the appeal. :)

if the price was right, i'd like to have a proper programmable small keypad - it's just the cost that is making me look for alternatives.

from amazon, i can get a (decent) looking small keyboard (without numeric keys) and a numeric keypad for about £50.

to buy a "programmable" numeric/small keypad is around £50 on its own. possibly a lot more (triple the price) if i get something that looks serious.

a "game" keypad is about £30 to £60. i'm still considering one of these.

or, i just see what happens by combining my current keyboard and an additional smaller keyboard. the cost of that would be £40 - plus the potential of programming a stupid amount of keys using the HID method that skwire mentioned.

i'm going to try things out tomorrow with a spare keyboard. the chances are that trying to position two keyboards near each other isn't going to work - OR, it could be fantastic.

i suppose, really, the cost isn't such a problem - as i'll be using these things everyday so i may as well spend whatever it requires to get what i want. but, i do like the ridiculous idea of having two keyboards...

cranioscopical:
the chances are that trying to position two keyboards near each other isn't going to work - OR, it could be fantastic.
-nudone (May 03, 2010, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can hardly wait to see your set-up when you pull out all the stops and augment the manuals with a pedalboard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version