ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome -- a new browser coming (in beta) in a few hours

<< < (25/35) > >>

Ehtyar:
One would hope so indeed, though I daresay it's gotten to the point that Google has so much legal clout that really no one would bother, especially if Google is already running around saying "We'll fix it, we'll fix it!". That sort of thing just seems to make everyone remember that the sun shines out of google.com.

Ehtyar.

P.S. Sorry for cutting you off, I guess we forgot that other people are upset about Chrome too :P

fenixproductions:
2Darwin
Be sure to cleanup completely, especially:
HKCU\Software\Google\Update\UsageStats\

Darwin:
P.S. Sorry for cutting you off, I guess we forgot that other people are upset about Chrome too
-Ehtyar (September 03, 2008, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

No worries!

2Darwin
HKCU\Software\Google\Update\UsageStats\-fenixproductions (September 03, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't know about that one. My comfort level is not improved by seeing the kinds of info that that contained. I should have read it more clearly and written some of it down before deleting, but didn't... Stuff that I remember includes "User has UAC enabled"

Ehtyar:
2Darwin
HKCU\Software\Google\Update\UsageStats\-fenixproductions (September 03, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't know about that one. My comfort level is not improved by seeing the kinds of info that that contained. I should have read it more clearly and written some of it down before deleting, but didn't... Stuff that I remember includes "User has UAC enabled"
-Darwin (September 03, 2008, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me either, thanks! Also not sure if i mentioned it yet, but uninstalling chrome does not uninstall the Google Updater, you have to manually remove it from local appdata (same install location as Chrome itself.

Ehtyar.

Darwin:
Doh! I'll have to go digging around to get rid of the updater - I hate automatic updaters and I sense that I really don't want this one on my system!

Thanks ehtyar  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version