ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows editors - do they have to be so bad?

<< < (17/20) > >>

f0dder:
OK, but in practice I find editors tend not to enable access to STDIN etc. to user tools.
--- End quote ---
I can't recall seeing STDIN support (and never needed it), but the editors I've used that supports user tools have been able to capture STDOUT.

Good point: I grew up with persistent selections.  From your last sentence, I presume those features must be present in NPP, so I suppose I'd better go and look for them :)
--- End quote ---
Nope, I've gotten used to living without them :) - I'm contemplating coding a "mark-begin, mark-end" plugin though :)

rjbull:
I can't recall seeing STDIN support (and never needed it), but the editors I've used that supports user tools have been able to capture STDOUT.-f0dder (April 23, 2009, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm hankering after wider availability of TED Notepad's ability to send text through a filter and overwrite the original marked text with the modified text...   ;)

Good point: I grew up with persistent selections.  From your last sentence, I presume those features must be present in NPP, so I suppose I'd better go and look for them :)
--- End quote ---
Nope, I've gotten used to living without them :) - I'm contemplating coding a "mark-begin, mark-end" plugin though :)

--- End quote ---

NPP 5.3.1 has "TextFX Quick" features Find Matching Brace, Mark to Matching Brace, Delete Matching Brace Pair, Mark Lines to Matching Brace.  Those aren't bad work-arounds.

f0dder:
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of TextFX though - too much functionality in one plugin, and lots of it work somewhat weirdly (using numbers copied to the clipboard and such).

mwb1100:
In fact the 3.94a version is so different from the latest Zeus it can be downloaded free of charge from this link:
http://www.zeusedit.com/z300/ze32r394a.zip-Jussi Jumppanen (April 19, 2009, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

<erm>  Jussi, does that mean free download, i.e. you don't have to pay to download a trial, or free software, i.e. you don't have to pay to keep and use it?  Or is there a lower fee for the older version?
-rjbull (April 23, 2009, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not Jussi, but I've downloaded and installed it and it appears to be a 'registered' copy upon installation. There's no indication of having an expiration or being an evaluation copy as there is in the install of the more recent versions.

kartal:
wow, that is cool, I will definetely give a go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version