ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: A directory box

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
:) How about Microsoft Windows XP?

If you drag a folder from your desktop to one of the edges of the screen, it creates a dockable Explorer window. You can also detach it and have it floating freely.

Skrommel
-skrommel (April 26, 2007, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's cool! I can just make a directory with a bunch of shortcuts and have a little launcher sidebar and it works on top too. Neato!

JennyB:
The folder bars you create by dragging folders to the edge can be configured by right clicking the dotted line, for example small icons and/or auto hide. Unfortunately once you uncheck them from the bars list, they're gone with your customisations.
You can right click your taskbar, create new bar, drop files and folders on it and customise, I believe Windows should store those settings.
-Maggy160 (May 04, 2007, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
I hadn't noticed it before, but if you drop a folder onto the title of a toolbar, that folder gets added as a separate toolbar within the same bar area. To get rid of it, right-click on the bar that contains it, select Toolbars, and un-check it. Not as neat as Blackbox, but still pretty handy.  I like to have the taskbar on the right edge, so all the toolbars stack on top of each other with just the title and the double arrow showing. Just like a sidebar  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version