ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

INfix: easy, capable, but expensive WordPad-like PDF editor

<< < (4/12) > >>

Curt:
Can they be used as day-to-day pdf readers
-urlwolf (May 13, 2009, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

- no, at least not INfix, as it loads much too slowly.

Curt:
I was thinking about telling you how Infix is to use, but I have found my English vocabulary to be too tiny. But one thing I can tell you is, that I now have a license  and it was *GIVEN* to me by the author!
 :Thmbsup:

I have edited a couple of PDF files just for the fun of it. I really enjoy the WordPad-ish editing. A simple "-" will make long words break, and such. I don't know about the price, I think it is remarkable high (for an income like mine), but if you can afford it  I will certainly recommend Infix for PDF editing.

Curt:
... if you can afford it  I will certainly recommend Infix for PDF editing.
-Curt (May 18, 2009, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let me stress out that I recommend Infix for EDITING
- I have not yet tried to use it for the initial document creating.

And I don't recommend Infix for the daily PDF viewing!

Darwin:
I'm late to the party - congratulations on your licence for Infix, Curt  :Thmbsup: - but just wanted to note that Serif PagePlus has always been first and foremost a desktop publishing app. The placement of pdf in the programme name refers to its ability to IMPORT pdfs so that some or all of its content can be included in a project and to SAVE/EXPORT projects in pdf format. It's in no way meant as a pdf editor...

rjbull:
@Curt:  Does InFix have search-and-replace in much the same form as you'd find in any editor?

And, please, does anyone know if PagePlus X3 has search-and-replace?  I e-mailed Serif's customer service, who said No, but I'm not sure we were quite on the same wavelength (they mentioned databases and mailmerge in their reply).

Hmmm...  any chance of a DC discount on InFix?  Might help their mind-share as well as my wallet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version