ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Network Adapter Detection Fails

(1/5) > >>

hypemnd:
I am using URL Snooper v2.18.01 with WinPcap 4.00.755 on Windows Vista 32-bit.  My network adapter is on the Nvidia 680i chipset and is using the Nvidia nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver.  When I try to use the "Auto Determine Network Adapter Now" function, the test fails.  I have also tried deselecting the "Auto determing Network Adapter on Startup" checkbox and manually selecting the network adapter, but this yields no URL results when sniffing.  Any ideas?

mouser:
on vista, url snooper may need to be run with administrative rights.

try right clicking on the url snooper shortcut and selecting the option to let it run as administrator, then restart.

let me know if it works please.

hypemnd:
I have user account control turned off, and it is being run with admin rights.  Still no luck.

mouser:
Keep automatic network adapter detection turned off and select your card manually.  Does your network card show up in the list?  When you start snooping and then open pages in your web browser, does the status bar of url snooper show that it is scanning packets, or does it just stay at 0 packets scanned?

hypemnd:
It just says "Sniffing network traffic from WinPcap NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver (IP 192.168.1.104).."   The packet counter never starts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version