ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: IdleClose - exit certain programs after x minutes of idle time

<< < (3/5) > >>

Gerome:
Hehe :)

Yes, now you got what I was trying to say  :Thmbsup:

But I doubt this will work for apps like FDM (Free Download Manager, read about it on https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1801.0) since they normally just show their tray icon, so there's no window that could be checked for activity...
-brotherS (February 09, 2006, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
:

I bet you should try with the appropriated SendMessage, or with a language that well knows how to handle with a pico precision how to speak correctly with those kinda stuff :)

jgpaiva:
Gerome: If you can do this in Fbsl, please do, as i think I can't do that program in ahk (i mean, i started using ahk 2 weeks ago, i'm no expert ;) )
brotherS: I also don't think that can work with those windows, using ahk, but maybe skrommel does. What i can do, is do the sketch i presented before, that is within my knowledge reach :)
If nobody presents a better solution to do this, I will do it. Otherwise, i will only use it ;)

skrommel:
 :) My ProcessGuard at https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#ProcessGuard should be able to do this.

Skrommel

brotherS:
Hi skrommel!

I tried that one last year but didn't like the fact that I always saw the Task Manager icon in the tray, also it was quite complicated to use and (probably because I missed something) I didn't get it to work correctly... But the Task Manager icon in the tray was my main reason not to use it, I really can't stand having something there that's changing all of the time.

:(

brotherS:
Found a simple solution for my idea:

--- ---;2006-02-15
;kill certain programs after x hours of idle time
#Persistent
AutoExec8:
SetTimer, AutoKill, 25000
;
; 3600000 milliseconds = 1 hour
; 5400000 milliseconds = 1,5 hours
; 7200000 milliseconds = 2 hours
; 7200000 milliseconds = 2 hours
; 9000000 milliseconds = 2,5 hours
;
AutoKill:
;    TrayTip, test, test
If A_TimeIdlePhysical > 5400000
 process, close, fdm.exe
If A_TimeIdlePhysical > 9000000
 process, close, winamp.exe
return

Sure, it won't watch the process itself, but I figured that's simple enough and comes close to what I wanted. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version