ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tagging audio files in itunes+ipod is an absolute NIGHTMARE!!

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
Once again, this is the kind of thing that makes Apple evil.  The problem for us is this: even after years of these ipods and audio players and tablets, the i-devices touch response (swiping smoothness) and overall interface is still better BY FAR than all the other devices out there.  That's it.  These competitors (Android, Windows, webOS) better make darn sure their interface can equal that kind of smoothness and responsiveness or else they will NEVER catch up to Apple.  Every time I pick up the new Android device I can immediately
-superboyac (February 14, 2012, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good news!  Looks like Microsoft is trying to work on this issue:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/10/microsoft-cuts-touchscreen-lag-to-1ms/

(is it considered bad protocol to quote myself? :D)

erikts:
(And if I were going to try to load an iPod up with songs I think I'd be using one of the many unofficial programs out there that can interface with iPods rather than trying to use iTunes. iTunes will jack up your data, your tags, and your filenames & expect you to thank it for doing it.)
-Innuendo (February 16, 2012, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you recommend unofficial program(s) that can interface with iPhone 4S? Thanks in advance.

Innuendo:
Could you recommend unofficial program(s) that can interface with iPhone 4S? Thanks in advance.
-erikts (March 18, 2012, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't own an Apple iDevice myself as I don't want to be locked into Apple's way they want you to use their products & that seems to be the problem with the new iPhone 4S and the new iPad 2. Seems Apple didn't like people using 3rd party programs to maintain their devices so they tightened things up for IOS 5 so unfortunately, not a lot of choices out there. No one has figured out how to interact with IOS 5 without iTunes installed....yet. The MediaMonkey people seem to always figure it out first so keep an eye on their web site for updates.

I did find, however, a program that's supposed to be able to do what you're wanting provided you have iTunes installed on your PC. It's called iTools. Keep in mind I'm not endorsing this program in any way. I'm an Android person myself.

Good luck & report back to let us know how it works out for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version