ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Downloading your Gmail Account

<< < (2/3) > >>

longrun:
Another benefit of POPping gmail: no ads. Allen, what do you mean by because of gmail/Opera being only tolerant of one another
--- End quote ---
? I use Opera and Gmail together, though I receive few gmails.

allen:

Not terribly important, but Gmail chat doesn't work at all under Opera.  Depending on the version of Opera you use, address autocomplete may or may not work, and also depending on version problems with the draft autosave losing focus of the text box.

With the exception of the latest preview release, Opera 9/gmail are getting better, but it's still imperfect.  I'm not saying gmail is unusable with Opera, it's just often not as usable as with another browser.

rjbull:
The Bat! seems the favoured email client on DC, and I notice TheBat!'s Web site has a link for Lycos Mail.  Is that any kind of competitor for Gmail?  Or just mutual backscratching, as Lycos in turn recommend The Bat!?

allen:
Lycos and TB have some sort of deal/backscratching going on.  As far as actually being a competitor for gmail, lycos isn't one -- the only significant competition I see is Yahoo/MSN -- both of whom are seriously overhauling their webmail clients.

eskayes:
Well I've been using incredimail as my client for more than a month now, with Gmail being my primary mail. No problems so far. However there has been no adverse remarks on 'Gmail' this side!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version