ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

You Should Pay Me to Read This Post (It's worth it...)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Renegade:
I'm likewise curious as to how it will work out. I can imagine a few scenarios to optimize how to present the offers, but quite frankly, I just don't have the time to put it together. So rather I've just slapped the button on the product page. I know that I could present things better, but time as it is...

As for bad user experiences, well, I'm not too worried about it. It's kind of aimed at those users that you wouldn't normally sell to anyways. So even if only part of those that start the transaction finish it, it's all still gravy.

I'll post back in a month or two once I've got a feel for how it works more.

Cheers!

mouser:
It's kind of aimed at those users that you wouldn't normally sell to anyways. So even if only part of those that start the transaction finish it, it's all still gravy.
--- End quote ---

i think that's a good point.  looking forward to the report.

brotherS:
TrialPay really looks like a smart idea! :up:

JeffK:
I came across trialpay recently and am now starting to get promotional emails from them.  I was up last night in the middle of the night (wife sick - I couldn't sleep) and decided to check my email.  There was an offer for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite if one purchased one of their services.  I was going to buy flowers but noticed one of the options was to open an eBay account and make a bid on something.  Well I already have an eBay account but I thought what the heck, I've been considering that software for some time and here is an opportunity.  So I opened a new eBay account, made a bid on something I had my eye on (my bid wasn't successful) and went back to bed.  This morning I had am email with the registration for the software.  With clearer mind I realised that I was supposed to be a new eBay customer not an existing one.

Perry Mowbray:
With clearer mind I realised that I was supposed to be a new eBay customer not an existing one.
-JeffK (May 08, 2007, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny, I did the exact same thing, and really caught myself trying to get something for "free"  :-[

I re-examined the agreement though, and it doesn't actually say "new user", it says "new account", but I'm sure that what they really mean is new user. So I gave myself a stern talking to and bought flowers  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version