ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Using URL-catching technology to save lives

<< < (2/4) > >>

TomAlciere:
Actually, I was introducing a technique which involves URL catching. I have learned to use URL Snooper now, to catch embedded videos I could not have obtained otherwise.

Anyway, whatever your cause is, fire safety, don't get scammed, firearms safety, workplace safety or whatever, news stories from around the USA can be put in a sequence calculated to foster better decisions on the part of the audience. That's the technique.

cthorpe:
Well, FWIW the name of the group is Underage Drinkers Against Drunk Driving, so apparently they're all for the drinking part, just not the drunk driving part.
-mwb1100 (July 02, 2008, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The organization wants teens to be able to drink but is against drunk driving.  They state over and over again on the webpage that sober teens are more responsible than drunk adults.  Big shocker there.  It also seems that they believe that drunk teens will be more reasonable than drunk adults and refrain from driving if the underage drinking laws were lifted.  I would think that drunk teenagers would be just as unreasonable, if not more, than drunk adults.  But that might just be because I work with teenagers at my job, so who I am I to claim any knowledge of how teenagers act?

Carl

TomAlciere:
Well, FWIW the name of the group is Underage Drinkers Against Drunk Driving, so apparently they're all for the drinking part, just not the drunk driving part.
-mwb1100 (July 02, 2008, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The organization wants teens to be able to drink but is against drunk driving.  They state over and over again on the webpage that sober teens are more responsible than drunk adults.  Big shocker there.  It also seems that they believe that drunk teens will be more reasonable than drunk adults and refrain from driving if the underage drinking laws were lifted.  I would think that drunk teenagers would be just as unreasonable, if not more, than drunk adults.  But that might just be because I work with teenagers at my job, so who I am I to claim any knowledge of how teenagers act?

Carl
-cthorpe (July 03, 2008, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a novel idea: Punish the criminals that drive drunk instead of punishing the innocent ones who drink responsibly.

If the courts strike down the underage drinking laws, legislators would scramble to pass some serious DWI laws, which would save a lot more lives.

Oh, BTW it isn't an organization, it's just a website.  That's why I'm the webmaster of it, not the director or president or anything like that.

Veign:
If the courts strike down the underage drinking laws, legislators would scramble to pass some serious DWI laws, which would save a lot more lives.
-TomAlciere (July 03, 2008, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have got to be kidding me!  Encouraging or trying to lift laws to allow underage drinking has got to be one of the most irresponsible ideas I have ever heard of.

Grorgy:
yeah, i remember (just, its quite a while ago now) how actually turning 18 and being 'legal' took half the fun out of going to the pub  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version