ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What have I done!?

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mnemonic:
Good luck.  I did a PhD a few years ago (in chemistry) and it was a good experience.  Took me a year to write up the thesis at the end and it helped me discover that I never wanted to step into a lab again  ;D

My tip would be to keep a good bibliography of source papers while you're going along - I left it until the end and it was painful trying to find that obscure reference that I needed for the introduction...

J-Mac:
Congratulations!!  I think...   8) ;D

Talk to Darwin; he has worked on his since, well...  you'll have to ask him!   ;)

Jim

jgpaiva:
Talk to Darwin; he has worked on his since, well...  you'll have to ask him!   ;)
-J-Mac (August 26, 2009, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
You mean as in "talk to know what you're expecting" or as in "talk to know what not to do"? :P

Mandork:
I'm a long time member of Phinished (both MA and PhD were written under their auspices) and it's definitely a great place to go for general advice, and especially if you run into trouble.  We make great use of the "time boxing" method, in various lenghts of time, and a lot of people credit it with getting them to actually finish their work.

And Instant Boss is great, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version