ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Steam Thanksgiving Sales

<< < (2/8) > >>

wraith808:
Original Post updated for 2010-11-25 sales

Deozaan:
I liked EVE enough to make a couple of demo accounts over the years, but I personally have a hard time justifying renting a single game for $10-15 a month (i.e. all subscription-based MMOs).

I've come so close to buying EVE time and again that I just might cave in this time and get it. It's good to know that I can cancel and re-subscribe to my account at any time and my data will be there. And that I can "gain XP" even while logged out. But dang! that sure is an expensive rental plan!

wraith808:
In general, Mmos start out with more content than most single player games, then with the free content additions, they go way past that point, so I don't think that's a fair comparison.

lanux128:
hmm.. EVE's price may have been prompted by Blizzard's sale on WoW. battle of the MMOs, then!

• http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=p:110000034,p:110000018,p:1100000265,p:110000044,p:110000004

lanux128:
steam sale packs over the coming days have been leaked! here's the probable line-up..

Indie Game Packs:

* Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
    * Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
    * Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
    * Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
    * Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Other Game packs deals:

* Aliens vs Predator (2010) 6-pack
    * Audiosurf 12-pack (out now!)
    * Braid 10-pack
    * Counter-Strike: Source 6-pack
    * Defense Grid: The Awakening 10-pack (out now!)
    * Empire: Total War 6-pack
    * Freedom Force 10-pack
    * Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 6-pack
    * Just Cause 2 8-pack
    * Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack (4-pack is there, might want to wait for the deal)
    * Left 4 Dead 2 6-pack (out now!)
    * Mount & Blade: Warband 6-pack
    * Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits 10-pack
    * Osmos 12-pack
    * Portal 6-pack
    * Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack (out now!)
    * Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
    * Red Faction: Guerrilla 8-pack
    * Splinter Cell: Conviction 6-pack
    * Trine 8-pack
    * Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising 8-pack
    * World of Goo 12-pack

--- End quote ---

• http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-your-steam-sales-for-the-next-four-days-188470.phtml

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version