ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"good" LCD monitors - what are their type

<< < (5/6) > >>

nudone:
The (first) Dell 2007FP has arrived and I've just plugged it in. And...

...it's very good indeed. I'm not sure what the type of screen is, maybe I can find out from the model number. To me, it looks like it's slightly inferior to the main HP ZR30W screen (s-ips) but a whole lot better than the bog standard screen it replaces.

So, I'm happy with my purchase.

I will definitely be getting a second one within the next few days.

(I've got a Spyder 3 Elite on order so, hopefully, I can get a good colour match across all the screens. I will post about that when it happens.)

tomos:
The (first) Dell 2007FP has arrived and I've just plugged it in. And...

...it's very good indeed.
-nudone (August 24, 2011, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

phew :D

Ath:
...it's very good indeed. -nudone (August 24, 2011, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad it worked out so good 8) :up:

I'm not sure what the type of screen is, maybe I can find out from the model number. To me, it looks like it's slightly inferior to the main HP ZR30W screen (s-ips) but a whole lot better than the bog standard screen it replaces.
-nudone (August 24, 2011, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
The docs on the Dell site talk about TFT Active Matrix ('Thin Film Transistor'), and AFAIR that's the old original name for an IPS panel, so assuming s-IPS meaning 'Super-IPS', the HP is expected to be a bit better, but the Dell should indeed be a whole lot better than any TN panel and most VA panels.

nudone:
Oh, right, that's interesting. I'd really got myself confused then (mainly by just assuming and not reading things properly).

I was wrongly assuming that TFT meant the lowest level of quality screens and that Dell's information just wasn't detailed enough to state the 2007FP used another technology.

That means, I probably dismissed a lot of other screens I was considering as they said TFT and I thought that meant they weren't very good.

I'm sure you are right, though, Ath. The Dell screen is definitely nearly as good as the HP screen.

Carol Haynes:
Nudone has bought something he likes  :D :D :D :D

Time for to celebrate a first ....  :drinksmiley: :onfire: :greenclp: :greenclp: :greenclp: :greenclp: :stars: :eusa_boohoo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version