ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (17/182) > >>

Renegade:
Gallowwalkers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallowwalker
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829176/

Pretty impressive for a fellow that was in prison (Wesley Snipes).

It's a supernatural western, so if you like westerns & funky supernatural stuff, you'll likely find it entertaining.

The story ends with the start to a TV series or comic book series or something. Some people might like it. High-fantasy stuff.

Don't expect anything meaningful though. It's straight up action/horror/western.

wraith808:
The hunger games - Waste of time (why it got the high IMDB score is beyond me).
-Shades (July 27, 2013, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you mean as a movie? Or an adaptation?  Like was it the story that threw you or the adapted movie?

4wd:
Gallowwalkers

Don't expect anything meaningful though. It's straight up action/horror/western.-Renegade (July 28, 2013, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Having watched it the night before you posted this: not much action, not much horror, and (apart from the environ) not much western.

And I'll go along with Shades w.r.t. The Colony, much of the storyline was apparent after the first 10-15 minutes.  I still found it a decently done movie but I won't be watching it again unless I'm really bored.

Another classic last night:

Quatermass And The Pit (movie version)

Renegade:
And I'll go along with Shades w.r.t. The Colony, much of the storyline was apparent after the first 10-15 minutes.
-4wd (July 28, 2013, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never watch trailers or anything about a movie before I see it, so 10-15 minutes in I hadn't figured out who the villain was, etc. It makes movies much better that way when all you know is the general genre and title.

4wd:
I never watch trailers or anything about a movie before I see it,-Renegade (July 28, 2013, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

For The Colony, neither had I, but from watching other movies that had the same 'adversaries', (hinted at in the first few minutes), the narration of what happened to the planet, the SOS, the initial confrontation between Paxton and Zegers, etc, etc - it all adds up to give you a pretty good idea of what's going to happen further on.  As Shades said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version