ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Here's Why You Shouldn't Program Alone

<< < (2/2)

urlwolf:
Isn't this what extreme programming is about (partly)? In this case, they advocate two programmers sitting in front of the same computer.

I did it once and it was a great experience, even though you think that it's overkill and you are wasting the time of one of the coders. Actually, we spend quite a lot of brain CPU power doing petty things like trying to match a bracet (even though I use vim almighty and it's tuned so it looks like, to the uninitiated, I conjure code with my mind). Meanwhile, the non-driving seat programmer is using his brain CPU to do actual work.

SkyIDE:
Well, considering this applies to me and many others out there, I can firmly say that having a second coder is not a bad idea. Two brains are better than one and having more than two people is better again. You would have to have some type of protocol that all members must follow and potential conflicts should be resolved that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version