ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

two-monitors ergonomics

<< < (7/14) > >>

nudone:
"Dual Display Mouse Manager" conflicts with my mouse button shortcut for jumping the cursor to the next monitor - otherwise it's a nice idea and program for trapping your mouse to a screen.

a fourth monitor arrived today. i'm wondering if i've gone too far; in some ways it feels like 6 monitors because of the 2 widescreens feeling a bit like 2 monitors each. if anyone is going to get neck ache now, it's going to be me. it's also a bit weird sitting in front of them - it's like i'm at some kind of art installation.

mouser:
nice.. i predict a lot of monitor envy when people see that photo..  :-*

nudone:
well, to say how cheap monitors can be bought for nowadays i'm surprised there aren't more multi-monitor setups. it's got to become common within the next few years - no?

as a four monitor man yourself (and my inspiration, of course) i'm wondering how you use them at night - like, in the dark.

there's enough light comming from these monitors i don't need to turn a desk lamp on - but, i'm wondering if i'd be better off putting a light on in case i strain my eyes somehow. at the moment, i'm a bit blinded by the glare from the peripheral screens.

so, you've been doing this a lot longer - what have you found best suits all this light directed in your face?

mouser:
i have an overhead ceiling light and that's all i use, at all times; the shaded are mostly drawn in this room so i don't get too much direct light from outside.

nudone:
okay. i'll keep that in mind. i'm just trying a desklamp (behind the main monitor). if that gets annoying i've a few other small lamp combinations to try before going for the overhead room light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version