ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Thunderbird forks to become next Eudora?

<< < (2/3) > >>

JavaJones:
We use(d) Pocomail 2.6 at work up until recently when I moved us all to Thunderbird and I *hate(d)* it. I know it's come a long ways since then, but somehow I just can't bring myself to go there. Plus I'd prefer free *if possible*, though I'll pay for a really slick and painless transition from Outlook to be sure.

So right now on my list of email apps to consider for the pending transition attempt #2 are:
Pegasus
Thunderbird
Opera M2
The Bat! (can't ignore all the raves, though also can't ignore the cursing :D)
and Outlook 2007
oh, and yes, Google Mail!  8)

- Oshyan

tadgriffin:
Ever tried Courier? I love it.

(Full disclosure: I work with the company -- Rose City Software -- that makes it.)

I'm not "pimping it", just suggesting it as an alternative. Being a software junkie, I think it's infinitely better than all that you have listed as under consideration...for what it's worth.  :)

It's free. http://rosecitysoftware.com/Courier/

jgpaiva:
Ever tried Courier? I love it.

(Full disclosure: I work with the company -- Rose City Software -- that makes it.)
-tadgriffin (October 23, 2006, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi tadgriffin! Welcome to the forums.
We appreciate your honesty, definitelly it can only benefit you ;)

superboyac:
All the software mentioned here are excellent email programs.  I've presonally tried Courier, Pocomail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Pegasus, and the Bat.  Courier and Pocomail are great.  I liked Thunderbird the least.  I used Pegasus from 1996-2005, and then I switched to the Bat.  That was a big deal for me, but the Bat is awesome in almost every way.  Eudora was the very first email program I ever used, and if I'm not mistaken, it used to be the king of email.  I liked it, but Pegasus was too powerful to pass up.

tomos:
You can also use Evolution in Windows. It works quite nicely I did try it out. I have now totally switiched to Linux so am using it in Linux now. I am growing quite fond of it!

Helen
-Hellie (October 23, 2006, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
anyone got any more info/opinions about Evolution ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version