ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programmers: What size monitors do you guys prefer?

<< < (5/10) > >>

wraith808:
I've been thinking about going that route- let us know how it goes!

mouser:
I'm also curious to know what you think of it -- give yourself a week to get used to it.

I have adjusted to a 27" main display, surrounded by some smaller ones.

I haven't tried anything bigger than 27" but from my experience i would still say that:

* I think bigger than 27" would be too much vertical space to have to cover with my eyes when sitting at desk -- it would require neck straining.
* Having multiple monitors has some advantages over having the same pixels on one monitor; easier to keep things segregated, easier to mix and match and replace; easier to move windows around; psychologically easier to segregate tasks; easier to ANGLE the monitors into more of a semi-circular arrangement, etc.
* If you are going to have multiple monitors in a horizontal row -- having them be the same vertical resolution is convenient.

wraith808:
If you are going to have multiple monitors in a horizontal row -- having them be the same vertical resolution is convenient.
-mouser (May 20, 2014, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll totally agree on this one.  At work I'm using my laptop with an external 24" on one computer, and two 21" on the other.  The two 21" just feels more comfortable, even though the 24" is better for coding.

Deozaan:
It arrived, and I just got it set up. I gotta tell you I'm definitely in love with the extra space already!

Here are some screenshots (resized to 25%) for comparison:

And when I really need to have more context in some code I'm working on:

Ath:
WOW!  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version