ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

A tip - if you want to use digits in searches..

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
could be a tiny bit faster, but probably not significantly.

Centauri27:
I find that F&R does such a good job in identifying what I want, that my target app is almost always the first or second item in the list. I then simply move my finger to the Down Arrow, press once or twice, back to Enter and my app is launched!

I find select an app this way to be quicker and more instinctive than looking down to find an F-key, or some other keystroke combination. But if my target app is located further down the list, I agree that pressing a number key is faster.

As a compromise solution, maybe use a combination of both? Say you've disabled the "digit key launches" feature so that you can search using numbers. How about pressing the Down Arrow key (or any arrow key for that matter) re-enables the digit key launch? That ought to be pretty fast and instinctive.

Carl

mouser:
i think it already works this way-
once you press down arrow to go into results list, the digit keys work, even if you have them disabled at startup.
tab has same effect as down arrow btw.

another advantage of your approach is that the down arrow (tab key) stops the search, which prevents what kevin has pointed out, the problem of search returning results while you are reaching for the digit key.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version