topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005815 times)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #750 on: December 02, 2015, 07:22 AM »
I'm with mouser on the two vs 3 buttons thing as the extra button only serves to confuse a different group of people, and there's just no saving the reflex clickers. :D

Also there's really not much point in keeping my logo on the top right of the about page anymore, so why not use the space for the auto update configuration options? It has certainly worked out for the auto start checkbox. And since it's the first thing people see when they go for properties it keeps the option in view as a gentile reminder to give re-enabling it a shot.

Or... you could even move the (getting a bit long) history panel to its own history tab (or window), and (perhaps) better use the about page space to be about what's going on now.

@mouser - While we're all here - so to speak -  is there any way we can split this up and give WhiteTigX his own thread for TC? That way he'd have better control of the posting going forward...and I could sink into the past.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Enlarge the first button?

THEtomaso

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2015, 12:47 PM »
I've decided to add a question dialog regarding the update checker
Great! :)

--

I've re-read some of my own posts a while ago and I really sound like an asshole from time to time
That's not the impression that I got!
..but I DID get the feeling that discussing it any further would be pointless. :)

--

What do you think?
Just make sure that it doesn't try to connect to the internet even once, unless the user has actually pressed that "Keep enabled" button first!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2015, 12:50 PM »
is there any way we can split this up and give WhiteTigX his own thread for TC?

i think we can do better than that -- with 30 pages of posts tclock clearly deserves its own forum sub-area..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2015, 12:57 PM »
I've created a new area with WhiteTigX and Stoic Joker as moderators, and moved this thread into it (links to old thread redirect here).

Let me know if you want me to split this thread up into different threads.

My suggestion would be to start a new sticky thread for the latest download links.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Zoiks!

Mouser have you heard from WhiteTigX on this?? I was only making a suggestion...(contingent on his input)... not a request..

I'd actually thought that my original beginning of thread/top half could just be locked, so it would sink into board history, and then the second half would go into WhiteTigX's thread. I stepped out on page 17 here, it was a bit fuzzy during the transition, and then he took over "officially" a few pages later.

Also since I've been "gone" for almost 2 years, there's really no reason for me to be a mod of the new section, as it's WhiteTigX's project now.

I appreciate the consideration...but we need to consider him, and his input on the transition, because it really is his project now.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #756 on: December 03, 2015, 03:08 PM »
well we can split the subject exactly as you request, pending WhiteTigX's input, but after 30 pages of posts i think a section of it's own is deserved :)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55 PM »
Werkz 4 me.. :D

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2015, 10:17 PM »
Before and After T-Clock installation: The clock display at the bottom of my vertical Win10 Classic Start Menu Taskbar is more legible (good ergonomics), and takes up less vertical space: (worth keeping)

T-Clock - 02 clock before and after installation.png

Though the XPCalendar 12-month calendar display is very good, it's not entirely what I'd like (i.e., I'd prefer something like BetaClock):

T-Clock - 01 12-month calenda view.png

Nice job. Thankyou.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #759 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45 AM »
[...]
..but I DID get the feeling that discussing it any further would be pointless. :)
[...]
Well... you're not the first :P There have been feature requests or "bug" reports which I've been answering with “nope, won't do / not possible” and some are on my to-do or even actually implemented^^
Though I've meant what I said... I didn't want to add such an dialog as it bloats T-Clock and is also quite annoying... Yet I'm adding it to the "Options.exe" which means it won't bloat T-Clock much and all it does is to eat a bit more of your harddrive. I generally want to move all options to that binary, so that I could make them more fancy and stuff, without wasting memory and CPU for 99% of the time without options open.

[...]
My suggestion would be to start a new sticky thread for the latest download links.
You just want to increase my workload, right? xD

[...]
I appreciate the consideration...but we need to consider him, and his input on the transition, [...]
I don't mind eitherway ;) Though, with the subsection we've got now, it might be good to split up the threads to clarify a few things...
Guess that'll mean to split away the older stuff, so people having this topic bookmarked can keep it?

[...]
well we can split the subject exactly as you request, [...]
Well that's the point I guess... "we" also means that Stoic Joker could split it up himself, less work for you :P (or I could in that matter)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #760 on: December 04, 2015, 07:13 AM »
[...]
I appreciate the consideration...but we need to consider him, and his input on the transition, [...]
I don't mind eitherway ;) Though, with the subsection we've got now, it might be good to split up the threads to clarify a few things...
Guess that'll mean to split away the older stuff, so people having this topic bookmarked can keep it?

I think that would be safest. Cut me off at the project end announcement, add a link to your new section for continuity, and lock that thread. Then you can dice up the rest as needed.

[...]
well we can split the subject exactly as you request, [...]
Well that's the point I guess... "we" also means that Stoic Joker could split it up himself, less work for you :P (or I could in that matter)

Since I've never done it before ... It's probably safer if Mouser cuts me loose so I don't screw it up.

xzeldax3

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #761 on: February 23, 2016, 10:46 PM »
I don't know if this is the best place for this, but I just want to thank everyone who helped make T-Clock. I have always been so annoyed that Windows never allowed me to keep the date on my taskbar when using small taskbar icons. You guys have helped me out so much, thank you!!!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #762 on: February 24, 2016, 12:03 AM »
Welcome xzeldax3  :Thmbsup:

It's the perfect place for it.

I'm not one of the coder's of tclock but I can tell you that posts like yours really mean quite a bit to a coder.  Hearing that someone appreciates the work we do can make all the difference and can make us feel good about what we do.  So, thanks for taking the time to post :Thmbsup:

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #763 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37 PM »
what he said ;)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #764 on: February 24, 2016, 01:57 PM »
what he said ;)

I am still using it.   :Thmbsup:

tclock.png

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #765 on: February 24, 2016, 02:25 PM »
:Thmbsup:

Screenshot - 2016-02-24 , 21_25_06.png
Tom

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #766 on: February 24, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Happily using it for full taskbar-height date and time on each of two sets of dual monitors, so that's  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:

Thanks!

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #767 on: February 25, 2016, 12:10 PM »
Well, T-Clock is one of the first I install in every machine I work. From WinXp to Win10 now.

In WinXp I used to keep double size taskbar icons which gave amble height to have bigger font for T_Clock, better for my eyes. Also I wanted to see the day of the week at a glance, which it helps to achieve  :Thmbsup:

Win10 the taskbar icons are by default double size so same configuration fits here too.

2016-02-25_233441.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

Regards,

Anand

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #768 on: February 25, 2016, 12:24 PM »
did you want the text to be at the "top" or did T-Clock fail to center it properly?

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #769 on: February 26, 2016, 10:12 AM »
T-Clock is working OK.

I have given two line string for date and time with larger font. This way the taskbar height remain default and I get to see full date and time at a glance.

The top white line in the image is of DC forum which got captured.

Below images are better to explain.

2016-02-26_213600.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

2016-02-26_213551.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

2016-02-26_213523.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

Regards,

Anand

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #770 on: March 07, 2016, 11:04 AM »
I terminated T-Clock today and restarted Windows Explorer, as I wanted to run the standard Windows clock with 3 clocks displayed - showing the time in different timezones.
So I guess I need to make a request for T-Clock to be able to display 3 or more clocks...    ;)

Coincidentally, my Windows Defender virus checker just told me that the file: C:\...Clocks\T-Clock\misc\Options.exe has been quarantined as it is a seriously bad Trojan called Trojan:Win32/Varpes.L!plock

Shouldn't somebody check that? I know it is probably a false positive, but then again...

UPDATE: I uploaded the latest version file T-Clock v2.4.0 beta3.zip to VirusTotal just now, and it came back with a clean bill of health. Looks like I'll probably have to wait a few days before reinstalling the quarantined file...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:23 AM by IainB »

B00ze

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #771 on: March 11, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Good day.

I noticed there was a new version of T-Clock today, so I updated my files. It's supposed (?) to ask about checking for updates when it starts the first time, but it does not, even if I give it an empty .INI file and let "options.exe" through the firewall, it still does not ask about it. Also, the UpdT registry value is incorrectly typed as a DWORD when in fact it is 8 bytes long, the 32bit value + 4 zero bytes (amazing that Windows lets you write more than 32bits into a DWORD; must be a "feature" lol). So I notice that Options.exe is the one doing the update check, that means you run Options.exe every time T-Clock starts? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a separate executable if you run it every time anyway...

That's it folks.
Keep up the good work!
Best Regards,

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #772 on: March 13, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?
will be added once I've added the ordinal day number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) which kind of requires a rewrite of internal format processing

"multiple formats"? Some say Sunday is the first day of the week, some say Monday is. And Saturday and..., and...

Anyway, I came to say Thank You for writing the TClock Redux version!, but haven't we tested it enough by now? Isn't it time for a proper installer? I cannot launch a new version of TClock without first closing my security program. That's not how we want DC programs to function.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:09 AM by Curt, Reason: a new version »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 - pros and cons
« Reply #773 on: March 13, 2016, 06:59 AM »
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?
will be added once I've added the ordinal day number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) which kind of requires a rewrite of internal format processing
"multiple formats"? Some say Sunday is the first day of the week, some say Monday is. And Saturday and..., and...
Anyway, I came to say Thank You for writing the TClock Redux version!, but haven't we tested it enough by now? Isn't it time for a proper installer? I cannot launch a new version of TClock without first closing my security program. That's not how we want DC programs to function.
I'd have to say that @Curt seems to make some valid points, though I'm not sure I can agree that the statement "That's not how we want DC programs to function." makes any valid point, since it seems to be an appeal to the consensus.
From my perspective:
  • :Thmbsup:   T-Clock is a more ergonomically efficient and display-space utilisation-efficient clock display for my purposes (per my post above).
  • :Thmbsup:   The 12-month calendar displayed by T-Clock goes approx 80% towards what I would want (per my post above).

• :down:   T-Clock disables the 3-clock display (per example below, showing different timezones), which is a potentially useful feature of the standard Windows clock - and it can be annoying not having that when you need to work across different timezones.
    07_931x272_3308B0DB.png

• :down:   Windows Defender virus checker quarantined the file: C:\...Clocks\T-Clock\misc\Options.exe because it apparently looked like a seriously bad Trojan called Trojan:Win32/Varpes.L!plock

• :down:   As a result of point 4, Windows keeps popping up a warning that it can't find misc\Options.exe (because it's in quarantine, you see).

Therefore - on balance - I have just uninstalled/removed T-Clock.

So, in my view, for this particular software, it's the problems/interruptions that seem to make a negative difference - but they will probably be transient. I am otherwise usually more than happy to Beta-test or otherwise trial this and other software, so keep it coming, please!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:38 PM by IainB, Reason: Added image of 3-clock display. »

-EM

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #774 on: May 18, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Have been using T-Clock for quite a while now, mainly because of its ability to show week numbers in ISO format in the system tray.
A -quasi cosmetic- request: i use dates in a format of year + week number (very strongly geared towards industry and production environments). So e.g. Wed 18 May 2016 would be shown as 1620.3 (year 2016, week 20, day of week 3). T-Clock approximates this using the clock format "yyWi.ddd", except for one-digit week numbers. So the request: can (ISO) week numbers be shown 2 characters wide with leading 0?

If i look into the sources in T-Clock/src/DLL/format.c (version 27 Nov 2015), a quick and dirty change could be
 line 379:    
Code: C [Select]
  1. out += wsprintf(out,"%02d",week);       // format "%d" to "%02d"

Cheers and thanks for the neat little app.
-Eric