ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sony Playstation Network hacked - All your infos are belong to hackers.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Deozaan:
I got a phishy sounding voicemail today:

We're calling on behalf of your financial institution concerning your debit or ATM card. Please return this call at 1(800) 830-1925 Again. That number is 1(800) 830-1925. We have representatives available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Thank you, goodbye.
--- End quote ---

I Googled the number and found a site with a bunch of people saying it was legitimate, but I still didn't trust it so I just called my bank instead. My bank told me about an unauthorized charge to my card from a company in New Jersey (I'm on the other side of the continent, in Idaho). Thankfully my bank was smart enough not to let the charge through, so I don't need to worry about trying to get my money back. My card has been cancelled and a new one is being reissued. Ugh, now I need to update PayPal and Amazon and NewEgg and a whole lot else after I get my new card.

This is the same card I had on my PSN account. If you have or ever had your details on a PSN account, be watchful! This charge didn't show up on my online banking statement at all.

Tuxman:
Ehm OK, people don't have a problem providing their whole biography to Sony, but they are in panic when hackers get it too?

Eóin:
Ehm OK, people don't have a problem providing their whole biography to Sony, but they are in panic when hackers get it too?
-Tuxman (April 30, 2011, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha, yeah I agree totally. Heck, most people wouldn't care if sony were (are?) selling their info to 3rd parties.

Deozaan:
-Tuxman (April 30, 2011, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

So by that logic, if you ever purchase anything, EVER, then you shouldn't care if anyone else in the whole world gets your bank info?

And here I thought you said you were an intelligent troll. :huh:

Tuxman:
I don't purchase things from ruthless companies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version