ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tranparency in IE 6

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kuntau:
Thanks for that Veign  :Thmbsup:, but it is server side. For me as the user I cant do nothing about that?

Veign:
Correct.  User is at the mercy of the software and the developer.

tinjaw:
Warning, some people might NOT find this excessive.  :P

1) Run a proxy server, intercept the PNGs and convert them to GIFs and modify the source code of the web pages in realtime to use the GIFs instead.

2) Open source the code

3) Put it on SourceForge

4) Profit!

sri:
damn... now I have to upgrade to IE7 back... but ie7 is bloated crapware... I'm using Maxthon BTW which is still need IE :(
-Kuntau (October 10, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not that you don't have options. Why don't you use FireFox or Opera?

Kuntau:
Warning, some people might NOT find this excessive.  :P

1) Run a proxy server, intercept the PNGs and convert them to GIFs and modify the source code of the web pages in realtime to use the GIFs instead.

2) Open source the code

3) Put it on SourceForge

4) Profit!
-tinjaw (October 10, 2007, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice idea.. but still lack of alpha transparency feature that GIF format cant display.

damn... now I have to upgrade to IE7 back... but ie7 is bloated crapware... I'm using Maxthon BTW which is still need IE :(
-Kuntau (October 10, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not that you don't have options. Why don't you use FireFox or Opera?
-sri (October 10, 2007, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use both FF & Opera, but as stated above I use Maxthon as my main browser which is using IE engine. Another reason is I found out IE6 engine load faster than IE7 (or this is just my imagination?) and FF & Opera are not resource friendly, can easily go 100MB+ mem usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version