ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (46/67) > >>

superboyac:
Yes, but the motherboard must (sorry for the emphasis, but it's the rule nowadays) have enough SATA cables in the box to connect as many SATA devices as it allows. Still, extra cables can't hurt :)
-Lashiec (January 08, 2009, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you're right.  In the newegg pictures it shows a bunch of cables and stuff.

40hz:
Gigabyte's retail boxed versions always come with a nice collection of cables, unless they've radically changed the way they do business.

If the Newegg pix are correct, it looks like you should get 4 SATA connector sets; a floppy and CDROM cable; and what looks like an external header for 2 SATA ports.

You s/b all set. 8)

---------

BTW: Yet another Avatar, SB?

(That one would make a nice case badge!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:)

<EDIT: Whoops! Looks like you guys already nailed it before I could hit SAVE.  ;D>

Carol Haynes:
True motherboards generally come with cables. Not necessarily the best quality though!

As for other devices - even retail DVD drives and hard drives rarely come with any cables - or even fixing screws (which is plain mean as every drive needs screws to install it and it isn't necessarily an upgrade where you can reuse the old ones).

40hz:
As for other devices - even retail DVD drives and hard drives rarely come with any cables - or even fixing screws
-Carol Haynes (January 08, 2009, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that unique to the UK? Every retail drive (HD and CD/DVD) I've bought in the last five or so years has come with screws and cables. The only exception was a couple of floppy drives that came with absolutely nothing other than a swappable (Black/white) faceplate. (But I suspect that's because they're doing some "Aversion Therapy" behavioral modification on floppy buyers.)

Carol Haynes:
I don't know but over the years I have purchased numerous hard drives and optical drives bot OEM and retail boxed and I have yet to receive a cable or screws. The only difference I can see with retail boxes for optical drives is that you usually get a copy of Nero (now it is usually the lite version and a version out of date and restricted to that make/model of drive) an for hard drives you might get a utility disk and a longer warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version