ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (116/192) > >>

IainB:
Rather useful collection - a mixture of add-ons, shortcuts and fixes:

* How to fix Firefox annoyances | Ghacks
* Mozilla Firefox Cheat Sheet | Ghacks
Some potential/real timesavers there.

TaoPhoenix:
Necro Thread Rise!

Today I was back thinking about MindMaps, specifically in relation to web pages. My original idea was hopefully to find something that automatically tracked the pages you visited and made a "mind map" out of them with sister-nodes for the same site, and branches for outbound links.

However, a brief review of the various map programs all seemed you want you to manually structure your tree. So I settled for a FireFox plugin called Session History Tree.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-history-tree/?src=api#install-beta

Specifically, under the "Developer Channel" down at the bottom, look for the Beta version.

So while not perfect, it at least gives you a running chain of the pages you visit. It does keep the "alternate pages" but it's not so clear there which ones do. But at least it takes a little strain off remembering where all you went in what chain of logic.

My suggestion is to use it Per Tab when you have a big new branch to follow of stuff to look at.

MilesAhead:
btw anyone know how to specify an FTP port other than default for SyncPlaces? Right now I'm syncing to local .json file.  But it would be cool to use ftp. I don't see anywhere to put a port number in any of the forms.

IainB:
Just posted for cross-reference and completeness:
@jity2: just stumbled upon this thread whilst searching DC Forum for references to Yahoo! Pipes.

To get what you want I use an alternative that I always use for sites that do not have an RSS feed but that I want to keep informed by (and no, I don't want email alerts) - it's a nifty Firefox extension called UpdateScanner

EDIT 2014-03-06: Link is now moved to Firefox add-ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/update-scanner/
I suggest you try it out (assuming that you haven't tried it out already).

Also check: monitor and notify of webpage updates
-IainB (February 09, 2014, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

erikts:
I really love TableTool2 ....

15 Useful and Lesser-Known Firefox Add-ons

Amit Diwan
Published March 4, 2014

We all know that developer tools can make our work easier. Most of us are probably already familiar with add-ons and extensions like Firebug, Web Developer, ColorZilla, and more.

In this post, I’ll present you with some other add-ons that you may not have tried yet. I hope you’ll find some of these useful when working on various projects.

* View Source Chart
* Console²
* MobileView
* Extended Statusbar
* Measurelt
* ff-figure5
* Mason
* Server Switcher
* Page Diff
* defyFormValidation
* HttpFox
* ModifyHeaders