ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

how to get to a dialog window that won't come into focus by using the keyboard?

<< < (5/8) > >>

nudone:
more standard alt+tab registry modifications:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
CoolSwitchColumns - set the number of icon columns
CoolSwitchRows - set the number of icon rows

there appears to be a bit of a delay when AWS displays the alt+tab box on all screens at the same time. it's a bit annoying having a slight pause when tabbing through the open programs - so, it looks like i'll be keeping VistaSwitcher (i posted a feature request on their forum to have simultaneous screen support).

nudone:
i said i didn't want to do it but i'm now using Actual Window Manager with everything else. This is probably overkill as it is only replacing functions that can be done with AutoHotKey - well, and it adds a few buttons to the titlebars that might come in handy.

the problem with all of these programs is that they never quite go for enough. e.g. AWM doesn't allow complete control of right clicking on the title bar buttons - so i've got WindowSpace still performing those functions.

it seems using ready made apps it's a trade-off all the time - whereas AutoHotKey would allow for total freedom in the long run.

cranioscopical:
i was trying not to, but it might just be that Actual Window Manager will be running alongside all of the above tools (except for Taskbar Shuffle). the battle for supremacy begins...
-nudone (May 14, 2010, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cranioscopical:
Nudone
There are reasonably frequent updates to Actual Window Manager, and I've found the developer open to ideas and suggestions.

If you're using as many screens as you are, and you haven't already investigated WiLMA, you might find it useful. Although I'm just a poor relation with only two screens, WiLMA is great for a few tasks where I prefer a bunch of windows to be in specific places on each.

nudone:
thanks. i'd no idea about WiLMA. i'll probably not get chance to look at it until monday - it must be useful though when that guy has got about 50 screens plugged into it.

is there no end to this quest?

edit:
things were so simple back when i had only one screen - and yet, there is no going back now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version