ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Busy Body Browsers

<< < (3/4) > >>

bit:
There used to be an acronym for this:
NIH - Not Invented Here
"Nih!" is like a phonetic take-off on "Nah!" as in 'no thanks' (b/c we didn't invent it).

TaoPhoenix:
Now I see that every time I download one of my utilities from my page using chrome browser, after the download is complete I get a reg circle with a minus sign in the middle and this message "yadda yadda is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous"  A Discard Button is displayed.  The Keep Button is only accessible after hitting a drop down arrow.

I can see how this is going.  If not made by one of the big boys all software will have a scare blurb attached.  They don't even virus scan it now..  Just slam it as "not one of ours."

-MilesAhead (April 04, 2015, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

"If you are absolutely sure that MilesAhead is honorable and trustworthy and only says bad things about people from 5:17-5:38 on Thursdays, then go to the bottom floor, take a left, enter the broom closet, go through the window, jump into the elevator shaft and go around the broken elevator, to the bottom floor, open the door that says "beware of the leopard", feed the leopard exactly 40% pepper jack and 60% cheddar cheese, sing it a song to put it to sleep, pull the usb out from under its rump, and you can download the program.

HOWEVER YOU CAN'T READ DIRECTIONS WHEN THE PARANOIA FACTORY IS BUSY YELLING AT YOU AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO MILES IS, SO WHY NOT JUST DITCH THE PROGRAM BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE ANY GOOD IF HIS NET WORTH IS LESS THAN A BILLION DOLLARS."

>:(

TaoPhoenix:
I'd love to see a browser with a dialog that had two buttons. One displayed a thumbs up to download. The other displayed a thumbs down to cancel. The dialog would simply read "Idiots gonna be idiots. YOLO"

Now I want someone to code a Firefox/Pale Moon extension that does that. :)
-Innuendo (April 04, 2015, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

To the Coding Snack Bus!
 :D

MilesAhead:
IT CAN'T BE ANY GOOD IF HIS NET WORTH IS LESS THAN A BILLION DOLLARS."
-TaoPhoenix (April 04, 2015, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  That reminds me of this radio ad playing now.  Yet another "system" for making big bucks with other people's money in Real Estate.  The book is free the class is free so the announcer asks why that is.  The entrepreneur explains "I made millions in Real Estate.  Now I want to help people."  Right.  And the used car salesman just volunteered to nurse those suffering from Ebola.  Never give a sucker an even break.  ;)

cranioscopical:
The entrepreneur explains "I made millions in Real Estate.  Now I want to help people." 
-MilesAhead (April 05, 2015, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your problem is solved; ask nicely and he can give you a house! He'll feel better and you'll have done him a favour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version