ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Settings are reset to default

<< < (2/6) > >>

jb2233:
They are set to the default values I change the "Ctrl+Alt+PrtScrn" to "Repeat Region", it defaults/changes back to the default 

mouser:
Ok that suggests that the program may be having a hard time saving it's settings file, the question is why.

Are you using the portable version or the installer? Did you transfer your settings from one computer to another? If using the installer, did you install someplace other than the default location?

Try this first: Make a change to one of these settings (hotkey, starts with windows, whatever but something that you will remember), and then MANUALLY EXIT SC, and restart it.  See if the setting you changed gets reset or not.

And see if that setting gets lost the next time your others do.

jb2233:
I was using the portable version, I deleted it because it was having the same issue.

Currently it’s installed via the installer in the default location : C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenshotCaptor

I changed the “acquire from scanner” to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B from none, it was still set after stopping and restarting SC

Next time I notice the other settings have changed I’ll check it as well

There is only configdir.ini on the PC in the above location at it has no active statement - all comments

I am the local admin on this PC

jb2233:
previous entry should say "...only one configdir.ini..."

mouser:
Check also for a Configdir_Default.ini file in the SC directory.
One of the ways this not-able-to-save problem can occur is if people move a portable configdir (or configdir_default) file from their old portable install to the new one.

The other thing to check is that it is saving its settings file (ScreenshotCaptor.ini) where you expect (by default: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\ScreenshotCaptor.ini).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version