ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What is a "Gentleman's drink"

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
Why has no one mentioned yet my masterpiece, Process Tamer The Drink:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12216.0

Now what we really need is for someone to make some drinks named for Cody, Skrommel, and other DC all-stars..

tomos:
I've always though Gin&Tonic is a pretty girly drink :)-f0dder (November 24, 2009, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
The fact that it seems to smell like perfume to me doesn't help :P
-4wd (November 24, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

reminds me of that scene in 'The Hairdresser's Husband' [french film - good, but maybe not worth (my) finding a link] where they start drinking the perfumes & after-shaves & god-knows-what else... speaking of films I saw a cowboy-parody once, no idea of the name, where cowboy goes into bar and asks for 'a warm gin with a human hair in it'  hmmmmmmmmmm :-)

PS Mouser- I'm not brave enough to try your cocktail - actually it sounds good but I dont have the accessories for cocktails (including mixers e.g. bitters) so it's not so easy to try it out.  Who knows, maybe you'll throw a cocktail party someday :)

Josh:
Who makes a mixed drink nowadays anyways? The real drinks are straight shots or on the rocks scotch.

40hz:
Who makes a mixed drink nowadays anyways? The real drinks are straight shots or on the rocks scotch.
-Josh (November 24, 2009, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

My GF and I do. Once a year on Kentucky Derby Day.

A Mint Julep is de rigueur while watching the race with friends. (Wild Turkey bourbon and fresh home-grown spearmint leaves are highly recommended for this drink.)

Just one more annual event we celebrate with our 'horse friends.' ;D

(P.S. The rest of the year I confine myself to single-malts or ale.  :P )

Stoic Joker:
So... does the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster count?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version