ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Add tabbed documents to MS Office

<< < (6/12) > >>

Contro:
OfficeTab now works OK for me! (and presumably it could for you too).
Though this was a really useful Add-in to MS Office, on my laptop it had only seemed to work in Excel and PowerPoint, but not for Word (where I could have put it to good use). This was despite my not insignificant efforts to try to discover and "fix" the problem.

When I started up Word today, I discovered to my pleasant surprise that OfficeTabs now works a treat in Word as well.     :beerchug:

The only thing that I had changed and that I think (no proof!) could have brought this about was that I had happened to use CCleaner (for the first time ever) - albeit with some trepidation - to clean some redundant garbage out of my system. So, I suspect that something was blocking the Add-In from working and CCleaner removed the blockage.

So, all you people (above) who tried OfficeTab and it didn't work or behave nicely in some way - well, it might not hurt to install OfficeTab, close all MS Office applications. Then, if OfficeTab does not work as it should, run CCleaner, reboot the PC, and restart the MS Office applications.

If you try this, then let us know how you get on please.
-IainB (October 08, 2009, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
OfficeTab don't go on office 2002

Add tabbed documents to MS Office

IainB:
@Contro: Yes, sadly for all the pre-Office 2007 users out there, if you go and read the Google translation of the OfficeTab site (it's in Chinese, I think), then you will see that it seems to have only been developed for Office 2007.

Contro:
and for office 2003. But 2002 is excluded clearly......

Contro:
Perhaps with wintabber o tabwindows

:P

mosey:
I haven't used the add-on (since I only have Office 2003) but since I was a bit bored, I thought I'd post a few of the developer's recent responses to comments from users:

Comment 165: PPT 2007, an error occurred with the tab, and it is now in list of Disabled Add-ins (plug-in) and I cannot enable it

Click on Office Button-->Options-->Add-ins-->Manage--> and select Disabled Items --> Go --> and click on the disabled add-in--> Enable
--- End quote ---

Comment 169: This clashes with Office 2010 so Word 2010 does not start up
Close 2010's EDP. Office Button--〉Options--〉Trust Center--〉Trust Center Settings...-->Protected View-->Untick "Enable Data Execution Prevention mode".
--- End quote ---

Someone did mention that the developer should setup an English version of the website.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version