ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Pledge & Final Release: Paste Text Like

<< < (7/8) > >>

anandcoral:
Hi ralfs, sorry for delay.

When I went to code as I decided, that only ini will have it for advance user, I felt I should make it general for all menu options as another user may require a hotkey for say 'remove all blanks'. So while coding the GUI for the same I got stuck. Then there is year end pressure (for March 2012 end) of my project work going on now.

So I kept it on hold. But now I feel bad, and promise you to give what I promised earlier in a weeks time. I want to see smile on my user's face  :). This is my most valuable asset.

Regards,

Anand

empyrean:
While some of the proposed enhancements look useful and I look forward to your next version, I am finding the current version (1.0.2 beta) very useful.  I copy a lot of stuff and paste it into eMail.  Being able to strip unwanted formatting or change capitalization on the fly is very nice, as is the ability to correct Caps Lock mistakes or the unwanted formatting changes that Thunderbird sometimes makes.

Simple. Easy. Useful.

anandcoral:
Thanks empyrean for the appreciation.

At last got some time, and completed the "Menu Hotkeys" settings option.

This is intended for advance users having knowledge of editing INI file directly, as I am inundated with project works and not getting proper time to make the GUI for it for general users, which I will make hopefully sooner than later.

Please check the same link in the original post for the download and please send feedback.

Hope, I am able to put smile to some of my users  :).

Regards,

Anand

ralfs:
Hi Anand,

I was very happy when I saw this new version with more hotkeys by ini-editing.
But unfortunately I can't get it to work.
I've tried my old INI, a full new INI, several keys and key-combination, several logoffs and restarts, but no second hotkey was available.

My last test was this INI:

[About]
application=Paste Text Like
description=Gives option to paste the text from clipboard, in different format, like Proper case, valid file name, remove blanks etc. Also option for mimic typing, auto pasteboard and view the color, if possible.
website=https://sites.google.com/site/pastetextlike/
[Settings]
hotkey=#v
short and long date=1
[Menu Hotkeys]
plain text=
mimic typing=
upper case=#y
lower case=
proper case=
invert case=
remove blank lines=
remove double spaces=
remove all blanks=
make text file name=
file name suffix date=
date as dd/mm/yyyy=
date as mm/dd/yyyy=
date as yyyymmdd=
date as short date=
date as long date=
--- End quote ---

On pressing Win & y only types a "y", Win & v is working properly.
Do you see a mistake in my INI?

(Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit)

ralfs:
Aaaaahhhhh, now I complain,

I have not to edit the "Paste Text Like.ini".

I have to click on Trayicon, chose settings, click on "Menu Hotkeys" and edit the text in the dialogfield directly.

Then a new "Menu Hotkeys.ini" is created with the chosen Hotkeys.

It works, great! I think you should explain the generation ot the "Menu Hotkeys.ini" on your website.

Thanks Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version