ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DoMercury & QiiNinja - other Quicksilver/FARR type programs

<< < (5/5)

nontroppo:
Yep, the new skin is much better - I would get rid of the default skin, or at least make QSkin the default. DOMercury is advancing quickly!  :Thmbsup:

Why do I need to use [ALT]+[ARROW] when exploring the file system, the arrow key alone is easier.

I also got the following error a few times:

--- ---System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at DOMercury.Forms.Mercury.lbItems_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

odiernod:
Yeah, I got that one fixed in the upcoming release: Early next week.  I am also adding a few more features to it, such as allowing you, using the Folder Indexor Plugin, to add folders themselves to the index. I also reduced the amount of background search calls so hopefully it will hang less as well. I am also creating a priority scheme that is somewhat inspired by FARR. No FARR source code, and my own variation of the idea, but some similiarities exist. 

'On the Pretty side, I added a Fade in animation for those who like a little bit more pizazz.

odiernod:
As promised, DOMercury 2.4 is up now

Darwin:
I just tried DoMercury 2.4 (first time using DM). I couldn't get it to change skins - it was stuck on default AND (more importantly in my estimation) it kept cylcing up to 80% or more of CPU and 150MB of VM. I left it alone for an hour and it was still doing that when I returned. Either you need to include some sort of mouserover popup that indicates what's going on in the background (indexing?) or tame the beast! In operation I found it to be pretty good, but couldn't get over the default GUI  :o Looking forward to putting 2.5 through its paces, though...

odiernod:
It's been 2 months, but I finally released another version, 2.5,

get it here: http://www.odierno.com/domercury

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version