ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image

<< < (5/5)

Cuffy:
Yup, we're on the same track here!

As I posted previously I installed v7 and installed all of it.
Add/Remove uninstalls ALL of it!

I went into Windows Explorer/Program files (x86)/Nero........... Added a number to the folder name for each function I didn't want, effectively hiding the functions from SmartStart.
SmartStart opened as usual WITHOUT showing the functions I renamed. I burned a Test.iso in Image Recorder which opens fine and looks perfectly normal in IZarc Archiver.
I intend to play with this setup for several days and if no ill effects surface I will then delete those folders that I renamed.
If they don't load and aren't missed deletion may work as well as an uninstall, which I don't have. I have renamed twelve folders, added 1 through 12 to folder names. I think they can go??? ;)
YMMV

Cuffy:
Just found more on Nero 7, what it includes, what it don't, what it costs and it's post paid from this outfit.

http://tinyurl.com/2xwaa7

:o

Carol Haynes:
So according to that link (and the feature grid at the bottom) Nero Essentials doesn't include any version of Burning ROM. Which is what I understood.

There is a version of Burning ROM Essentials but it doesn't seem to be included in that package - and I don't know where you can find that.

BurningROM is the traditional version of Nero which gives lots of control over formats used and file layout. AFAICS it is the pretty much the original Nero when it was just a good quality burning application which has been updated for new hardware and a few bugs ironed out.

Nero Express is wizard based and isn't nearly as flexible. It uses default settings for most things - if you want to change anything you have to use Burning ROM.

In the full version of Nero lots of projects that you start in Nero Express force you into the full Burning ROM application because Express doesn't do it.

I can't be specific because I no longer have Express installed as the only parts of Nero I find useful are Bruning ROM and Drive Image - neither of which are available in Essentials.

Wait I found the Nero Express helpfile:

Nero Express provides all the performance and efficiency of Nero Burning ROM with a simplified user interface. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Nero Express guides you quickly and easily through your desired burning tasks. The default settings are selected to automatically achieve best results. Using the program is remarkably easy: simply select the object to be burned, add the files, and start burning.
--- End quote ---

also:

Versions of Nero Express
Nero Express is available in three different versions: Nero Express, Nero Express Essentials, and Nero Express Essentials SE.

Nero Express and Nero Express Essentials offer the full range of functions, only Nero Express Essentials SE does not offer the following functions:

Unrestricted encoding in Nero Digital Audio format
Creating and burning Super Video CDs (see Compiling Video CDs/Super Video CDs)
Linking to Nero CoverDesigner (see Extended area (start screen))
Saving audio files (see Copying Audio CD tracks)
Erasing rewritable CDs/DVDs (see Erasing a disc)
Retrieving disc information (see Extended area (start screen))
Creating labels with LightScribe® (not included in standard functionality, see LightScribe®)
Creating labels with LabelFlash™ (not included in standard functionality, see LabelFlash™)
Burn SecurDisc™ data CD's/DVD's with SecurDisc™ (not included in the standard features by default, see SecurDisc™ Settings)

--- End quote ---

So Nero Express Essentials isn't the same as Burning ROM with a few bits missing it is a reduced version of Express.

tomos:
with Burning Rom you have much more control :)
I had Nero 5.5 (full) but it came with CD Burner/computer & wouldnt work with new drive when old one gave up

New drive came with Express 6 - it works well and all that but
what I personally miss is control over multisession burning which is minimal in Express & in free burning programmes too
But yeah,
Burning Rom had huge number of options,
with Express you choose what you want to do & that's it... :-\

Lashiec:
I worked with Burning ROM in the past, and even then I'm not missing any extra functionality from it. More the opposite, I'm glad options like the one from controlling filenames length (Joliet and all that) are gone, they always confused me, stick to the best option, and remove the other ones, nobody wants his/her filenames in 8.3 format. Or maybe I don't need too much control over CD burning, as long as it burns things like it should, it's enough.

The important thing is that it includes Nero Toolkit :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version