ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How many times do I have to update my mutherf---ing Flash??

<< < (5/6) > >>

f0dder:
In fairness, automatic updates of java and flash are a really, really good idea considering the track record of exploits. Just annoying that it's not streamlined with Windows Update, but requires the use of individual installers. Would be really nice if MS let 3rd party developers into Windows Update...

superboyac:
In fairness, automatic updates of java and flash are a really, really good idea considering the track record of exploits. Just annoying that it's not streamlined with Windows Update, but requires the use of individual installers. Would be really nice if MS let 3rd party developers into Windows Update...
-f0dder (November 02, 2010, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's true.  I have no problem with the updates themselves.  It's the WAY it updates that I don't like.  And because this kind of experience is typical, I'm actually afraid of updating.  Because I know it's working fine before the update.  Then you update, and all of a sudden there are problems.  Your browser starts saying flash is not installed, but it is.  Then you reinstall.  Then you uninstall.  rinse. repeat.  You look for solutions online.  it's all one big headache.  that's the REAL reason why i turn off automatic updates.

Darwin:
It's odd... since reading (and posting in) this thread, it occurred to me to check my version of Flash and my update settings. It's up to date and automatic updates for it are enabled. I've had no trouble with this whatsoever on Vista or XP 32-bit and 7 64-bit. Luck of the draw, I guess?!

superboyac:
It's odd... since reading (and posting in) this thread, it occurred to me to check my version of Flash and my update settings. It's up to date and automatic updates for it are enabled. I've had no trouble with this whatsoever on Vista or XP 32-bit and 7 64-bit. Luck of the draw, I guess?!
-Darwin (November 02, 2010, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
yeah, you might just be lucky.  I saw it on my computer.  Fine. that was ok because I fiddle around with my machine so much.  But then I saw it on everyone's computers.  My sister, my friend, i was looking over someone's shoulder at work and saw it...yeah, i would say you are the exception more so than the rule.

Stoic Joker:
If you don't reboot very often (I don't) you don't get the Flash update prompt very often.

I hate Flash on general principals, it's just a lazy way of adding gaudy crap to a site that didn't need to be there in the first place.

Oooo an animated banner on the top of a page - That's distracting as hell and makes my eyes try to cross vertically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version