ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Suck An Egg RIAA

<< < (4/6) > >>

scancode:
Too bad freedom doesn't come in 56kbps AAC+...  :huh:
-scancode (March 11, 2008, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

And it never will... AAC isn't free... ;) See ViaLicensing for all the patents and licensing info.
-Renegade (March 11, 2008, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

AAC isn't free... and Internet access isn't, either. :) 64/64 here, so FLAC is not an option...
Do you know about any other sound codec that actually sounds good at low bitrates?

Edvard:
Do you know about any other sound codec that actually sounds good at low bitrates?
--- End quote ---

Ogg Vorbis.

Lossy, but I hear it can encode 5.1 surround at as good quality as stereo mp3 in the same space.

Lashiec:
Mr. Reznor is at it again. He must be trying to beat mouser at his own game or something (creating new works at light speed).

f0dder:
I'm wondering if I should listen to the new album now, or get a good night's sleep first. The two single tracks released before the whole deal seemed pretty poppy, but not bad. Anyway, it's nice to see Reznor release stuff this way, and it'll be interesting to see what it means for him financially :)

Renegade:
OMNIN!

These are the FASTEST torrent downloads I've ever seen! INSANE!

NIN does it again! The REMIX site had almost 11,000 people online RIGHT THEN! And it's 2:30PM here! That's the middle of the night in North America! (Or are NIN fans just night hawks?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version